Helping your children learn about God and His Word is part of your task as the primary spiritual leader in your children’s lives. You might ask, “How can I do this?” Here are some quick tips to use at home with your children:
- Model the importance of Bible study by setting aside a regular time for family devotions.
- Read Scripture together. It doesn’t have to be much, but it has to be clear that God’s Word is an important resource and part of daily life.
- Pray daily with and for your children.
- Memorize one verse together as a family each week.
- Review Sunday take-home papers. Do the activities together. Talk through the recommended discussion questions.
One of my favorite devotion books is Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. She has adapted her original book into a daily devotional for kids ages 8 to 12. Each devotion is written from Jesus’ point of view and rose out of the author’s own experiences with Christ. GREAT tool for pre-teens! www.christianbook.com